Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is There a Way to Get Kids Banned from Restaurants?

While running around picking up all the stuff for the Valentines Extravaganza, we got hungry around lunch.  We were down in Lincoln Park, and I had wanted to compare Nella Pizzeria Napoletana to the wonder that is Great Lakes Pizza.  Nella Pizzeria is located at 2423 N. Clark and its website is http://www.pizzerianella.com/

We rolled in around 1:00 p.m., and there were very few people in there, which was kind of nice.  The first thing I noticed was that the interior was much nicer than that of Great Lakes.  The host gave us the choice of seats, so we picked one kind of close to the window.

No sooner did we begin browsing over the menu when two women came in with five children in tow.  I didn't even realize that kids could be had that close together without being twins, but apparently they can.  Fortunately for us, they were the five most insufferable children of all time, and of all the seats they could have chosen, they chose the seats immediately next to us.  I tried tripping the kids a few times when they were running by or scaling the seats next to us, but they managed to evade me.

Wanting to get out of there before my head exploded because of these ankle-biters, we rushed our order.  I ordered the Diavola pizza, which was a tomato sauce based pizza with spicy salami, red pepper, and mozzerella cheese.

It was a very good pizza and the salami was very tasty; however, the same problem that Piece has, soggy center, was present at Nella Pizzaria.  I'm pretty sure this would have been terrible heated up, but luckily it was only a 12" pizza, so there were no leftovers.  I'm not sure if I would go back, particularly since its much farther away than Great Lakes Pizza, but if I was in the area, I might give it another shot.  Perhaps if I could get some guarantee that I wouldn't have little kids slamming into my chair, there might be a better shot of my return.

We got out of there, with my blood pressure raised and a brand new facial tic.

No comments:

Post a Comment