Sunday, February 28, 2010

Final Fish Tuesday

I have both good news and bad news.  The good news is that after a long, harrowing journey, I finally got a job.  The bad news is that I no longer have time to make it to the wonderful Fishguy Market for Fish Tuesdays.

Before I set out to the Fishguy, I checked my kitchen to see what I had on hand.  I had some green onions and parmesan cheese that were left over from Valentines dinner.  I also noticed that I had a stale pretzel roll from the wine bar that I left on top of my fridge.  I figured if I could incorporate them all into one dish, that would be awesome.

I went out to the Fishguy and got some cod that looked good.  I ended up searching for some cod recipes that would incorporate the ingredients I had on hand.  I found a recipe for lobster dejonghe that looked like it could work out well adapted to the cod. 

I have to say that if this is the last Fish Tuesday, I sent it out with a bang.  I liked the amount of topping, but I could see it being too much for some people.  If you want to reduce, take out 1/4 cup of butter and cut everything else in half.

Ingredients
1 large cod filet
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup of pretzel roll bred crumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese
4 tbsp chopped green onions
juice from 1/2 lemon
kosher salt
pepper

1.  Preheat the oven to 350
2.  Put the cod in a small, shallow baking pan, lightly salt and pepper each piece of fish.
3.  Pour the melted butter over the cod.
4.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
5.  Pour the bread mixture over the cod so it is completely covered and pack it down gently.
6.  Put the baking dish in the oven for about 25 minutes until the topping gets nice and brown.
7.  Cut in half and serve with lemon wedges.


No comments:

Post a Comment