Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thai Food...the Sequel

On the day of the potluck, we needed a quick bite to eat for lunch.  Of course, we went with the old standby of Thai food.  Perhaps I subconsciously wanted to drown out the memory of the grossness that was Bambu Thai or perhaps I just never learn my lesson.  We ordered some delivery of chicken pad thai from Yes, Thai.  Yes, Thai is located at 5211 N. Damen in Chicago (http://www.yesthaichicago.com/).  I have been there before and I greatly enjoyed their pad thai, though it was a bit sweeter than the pad thai at Ben's Noodle & Rice, so I did not like it quite as much.  However, we had not had Yes, Thai in a while, so I wanted to give it another shot.  I think the lesson I should take from this experience is to avoid delivery Thai food.

That is not to say that it is horrible, but I think (after having a couple less than awesome experiences with delivery Thai food) that the key is immediate service.  Yes, Thai does have the most well cooked and juicy chicken of any pad thai I have ever had, which leads me to believe that they cook it separately then add it in at the end (probably the logical thing to do).  However, the delivery pad thai was a bit too sweet and maybe even a little fishy.  It was still pretty decent tasting and certainly better than my awful experience at Bambu Thai the previous day. 

Lesson learned though...no more delivery Thai.  The Chinese do it much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment