Apologies for my absence for the last few days. I had 20 pages of a law review article due on Friday, then I took a journey to Lake Geneva (another story for another entry) on Saturday, and finally, I spent Sunday in the burbs. Here I am making my triumphant return...
On Thursday evening, I had some spectacular nachos at the house. I'm not really sure if they have nachos in Mexico, but if they did, these would be better than the finest Mexican nachos. They are simple, delicious, and fast. Anyway, if you want to go south of the border, here's how you can do it.
Stuff You Need
1/2 - 3/4 of a bag of salted tortilla chips (preferably El Rancheo or El Milagro, certainly not Tostitos)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 white onion
1 tbsp chile powder
1 tspn cumin seeds, crushed
1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1. Get oven preheating to 350
2. Spread chips on a baking sheet in one layer. Sprinkle cheese generously over the chips and set aside.
3. Dice peppers and onion into small cubes
4. Dice chicken into bite-size cubes
5. Oil a saute pan and put over medium heat until hot
6. Meanwhile mix chile powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt together. Coat chicken in this rub.
7. Put peppers and onion into pan and cook for about 1 minute.
8. After 1 minute, add chicken and cook for 3-5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Spread chicken and pepper mixture over the chips in an even layer.
10. Put chips in oven and cook until cheese is thoroughly melted.
11. Remove from oven and enjoy the amazingness.