Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fish Tuesday!

It is quite fortuitious that my inaugural post comes on my favorite cooking day of the week, affectionally named, Fish Tuesday.  I call it Fish Tuesday because one of my two fantastic fishmongers, Fishguy Market, has a sale every Tuesday during which they sell a selection of fish or shellfish (usually 6-8 options) for $10 per pound.  These options can run from fairly common fish including salmon, trout, or catfish to some more difficult to find fish like monkfish or mako shark.  I'll let you know what I end up getting for this evening.

I am extraordinarily picky about fish, to the point that I have never even considered buying fish from Jewel or Dominick's, simply because there is too much fish piled up.  Perhaps this is a bit of paranoia on my part, but fish is so delicate, and so much can go wrong with it, that I do not even want to find out whether my beliefs are well founded or not.   

In any event, it is hard to beat $10 per pound for fish no matter what quality fish you buy, let alone the high quality fish you will find at Fishguy Market.  Check it out for yourself!


Fishguy Market is located at 4423 N. Elston in Chicago, IL and their website is http://www.fishguy.com/.  Here is a picture from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment